Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Stripped Bolts - No Problem!


Recently while removing the rectifier from the block on my Suzuki, 115DF, 4 stroke outboard motor I had the misfortune of stripping 2 - #6 x 30 mounting bolts.

Click to Enlarge



Once the rectifier was pulled to the side I had a good view of the stripped bolts. I tried to remove the top stud without any luck. Fortunately I stopped there and called Ricks Welding Service, LLC and explained my predicament. 

Rick arrived the following day. He looked at what had to be done to get the studs removed and said it should be no problem.

Click to Enlarge
Rick welded some welding rod on each stud (see the picture below) to bring it out far enough to weld a hex head nut on so he could have enough torque to remove studs. Both studs came out without much problem. 

There are now 2 threaded openings where new bolts can be installed when remounting the rectifier on the block.



Click to Enlarge
After cooling Rick handed me these souvenirs from the job well done.


Like it says on his site Rick is; Certified, Qualified and Reliable.

I recommend him if you have any welding needs. He will not waste any time completing the task at hand.

Thanks Rick.

http://www.ricksweldingservicellc.com/
(443) 808-1732
info@ricksweldingservicellc.com


Test on my new photo pro now up and running on this Monday afternoon. Large and small pictures can be posted
Click to Enlarge






No comments:

Post a Comment